Monday, April 14, 2008

Hi everyone!
I still tear up thinking about this, but when we were down in Carolina at the hospital with gram dad and I went into the ICU to say hi to her when we first arrived. They would only let 2 people in to visit at a time. She was just saying how much she loves us and how she was so sorry to me because she was supposed to make my wedding cake, which was only days away. I kept telling her not to worry about it and that Sean and I just wanted her to get better. She just kept apologizing to me and then she said something that stuck with me even to this day. She said, "well, if I go before your wedding just know that I will be up there looking over you that day". I was ready to break down right there, but I knew I had to be strong. It was just a very comforting feeling knowing that Grammy was there with me on my big day. And I know that she still is. I love and miss you Gram.
Jessica

No comments: